Monday, March 1, 2010

Self Interview

1. What is you living situation?
I live in Memphis, TN. North Memphis to be exact. I reside in a 1-story home with my parents, sister, and 3 cats. It is very cozy there because my mother is really big on interior decorating. She let me paint and design my room just how I envisioned it. It has a Spongebob theme.

2. What are the particular challenges in your life?
There are many challenges in my life that I don't want to speak about now. One that is obvious is the simple fact that I am an african american female. In the future, it will be hard to succeed because racism and prejudice is still alive.

3. What's your favorite family activity?
My favorite family activity would have to be our annual summer trips. We go out of town every summer to a different place. This year we're going to Disney World in Florida. I know it's going to be fun. I like spendind time with them because I don't see them often.

4. What's your favorite solo activity?
My favorite activity to do alone would be either drawing or writing songs. I've been drawing since I was in kindergarten. Everyone used to envy my drawings. As I got older, I got into rap. I mainly listened to Lil Wayne. He would conjure up so many metaphors and I knew I could do the same thing! All of my five brothers like to rap, too.

5. Who or what inspires you most in your life?
I think the thing that inspires me the most is the fact that I don't want to end up like my parents. Living from paycheck to paycheck is not a good lifestyle. I see that and how my brothers have failed, and I know to stay in school and go to a good college.

6. What are some talents ypu would like to develop as you get older?
Some talents that I would like to acquire when I get older are learning street names and how to get places, and how to get out of this shell! If someone asked me how to get home, I wouldn't even know where to begin. That scares me because what if I get lost? I would like to hop out of this shy shell so I can interact with people more. I'm actually not that antisocial.

7. What makes you different from other people your age?
My creativity seperates my from the crowd, and my personality. Of course I am different by the way I look also. I am a very creative person. I like to think of things that others haven't even dreamed. For example, you're wierder than a one-legged platypus eating a bowl of frosted flakes with no milk. Crazy, huh?

8. What would you like the rest of the world to know about you?
What part of the world already know me? If a part doesn't, then how could the rest of the world know about me. No one knows Jilah but me. You might know my mannerisms, but nothing is what you know about me. Well, yes, I Like to draw, rap, and write poetry, but there's nothing else to know.

1 comment: