Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ge's Favorite Rap Artists


I would consider myself to be a well-rounded person. I listen to a variety of music, including pop, R&B, and rock. Although I like these genres, I prefer to listen to rap. My top three rappers would be Lil Wayne, Chamilionaire, and B.o.B. They stand out to me because their styles are so different, and I like to characterize myself as different.



Let’s begin with the mastermind Lil Wayne. If you ever listened to rap, or even if you haven’t, you have probably heard of Lil Wayne. He is, as he self proclaimed, the best rapper alive. I believe I adore him for the simple fact of his metaphors. He says things that are so off the wall that, sometimes, you have to listen to them twice just to understand. For example, he said, “I’m the sharpest guy around, like a circle of knives.” He also gave me the name of blog. He was my biggest inspiration to start rapping. Even though I just do it for fun, I still take it serious. He is, and always will be number one on my list.

Chamillionaire is an underground rapper from Houston who was only in the spotlight for about 2 years. I listen to him because he is what kids now-a-days call ‘bumping’. He can sing, and rap which makes him a double threat. Now, he is starting to put his life on the right track. He is actually someone to look up to. He doesn’t curse in any of his raps, anymore. He has metaphors, but the overall messages of his songs are what attracted me. I also like his personality. It’s as if he has the whole package.

Last, but certainly not least, there is B.o.B. (pronounced bee-o-bee) Even his name screams informality. He is a new artist who forces you to listen to him. He is the mix between Lupe Fiasco and Kanye West. One thing that I like about him is that he doesn’t talk about the usual rap concept, such as, money, killing, girls etc. He actually has stories to tell. He said his self that his music is based off of his experiences.

I encourage anybody, if you haven’t already, to look into these three very diverse artists. They each have something different to offer, but yet they are all the same. Lil Wayne is the metaphoric one. Chamillinaire brings honesty, PG-13 lyrics, but that still doesn’t lessen the message. Finally, B.o.B who is ginuine and will reel you in with his relatable scenarios.


No comments:

Post a Comment