Sunday, May 30, 2010

Parents




This is not a poem, nor a story, I just want you to look at what I go through everyday. First, let me tell you about me.

I'm sixteen years old, and going to be seventeen in December. I am the youngest of six, and I still get treated like I'm a newborn. I have three cats, and one of their names' is Kat. I love Spongebob and Lil Wayne, and I hope to become a Forensic Scientist.

Okay, enough about me, let's get to the matter at hand.

My mother constantly drills independence in my head, yet she won't even let me try out the gears. I ask her to drive, she says I don't have a permit. Then how will I ever learn? I mean really. I ask her to WALK, she says it's too dangerous of a neighborhood. Okay, I'm 5"11, and weigh 153 pounds, who would REALLY try to kidnap ME?? And it looks like I can benchpress about 150! Everything I ask her to do, she says look at your sister, look at the girl down the street, she doesn't do those things. If you wanted me to look at them, and what they do, then why are you grooming me to be a LEADER? It sounds to me that she wants me to follow, and do exactly what they do. And she wonders why I always say I can't wait to move out.

My father, he's pretty quiet and let's my mom do all the talking. Sometimes I wish it was just me and him because my mom is the one that always says no, but he still has his days. He told me I couldn't go anywhere else all because of one incident. I told him that we (me and friends) were going to McAllister's and then the Paradiso. When the movie was over, we went to Ben and Jerry's, which was in the same plaza. I get home and he says why didn't I tell him we were going to get icecream. For one, I didn't know myself. Obviously he didn't trust me in the first place, because why would that even be an issue? He said what if something would have happened to me? I was with 7 other GUYS, I'm pretty sure they wouldntv'e let anything happen to me.

I'm still debating whether I should put them in a nursing home, or leave them for my sister to take care of, because it won't be long until they will need ot be dependent on someone else. :X

No comments:

Post a Comment