Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Want To Cry, But Where's The Tears?

I stare into the mirror as I sob
Eyes burning, and my heart throbs
With constant pain and despair
Love? Not quite. It's just not there
But I felt so many feelings for him
But he had feelings for them
I thought he was my 'highschool sweetheart'
But he targeted my heart
With a gun and shot it

He pulled it out and played Barry Bonds with it
In only 3 weeks did the love come
And in only 3 minutes did this love bomb
I denied your kiss
But if I knew it would end like this
I would've took it
And held on to it forever
But in your eyes we were never together
So what was I supposed to do?
Hold on to something I knew wasn't true?
When 'it's over' slipped from my lips
You said 'okay' and I took the hint
You never really cared anyway
If you did you would've begged me to stay
Before, you said 'yea' as you looked me in my eyes
But over the phone is how we had to say our goodbyes?
Holding on to you was hard
But letting go was easy
But after it all
My heart still feels queasy
Sprung, is what most people would call it
The way I talked about you and all that
Now you're gone, and I want to cry
But I can't because my eyes are dry
I have involuntarily cried for so many years
Now that I want to,
Where's the tears?

No comments:

Post a Comment