Sunday, May 23, 2010

Don't Cry

Eyes swollen with tears
'He' was gone for so many years
How is 'he' going to come back into our life
And fill us with misery and strife
But he tries to act like 'he's' not there
Afraid to show his true feelings of despair
I might seem like I don't care
But I just think it's not fair
Why did 'he' have to choose my dad ?
It tore me up on the inside, bad
Daddy, I love you
I hope you know these words are true
I would die for you
Risk my own life for you
As you cough and choke
With that cancer in your throat
I continuously pray
Everyday
I look at him and let out a sigh
And whisper, "Daddy, please don't cry."


I wrote this poem August 18th, 2008, and that was the day my father was diagnosed with throat cancer, but now he's doing fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment