Sunday, July 10, 2011

Drowned.

SPLASH. Water engulfs me like a mother's arms. An abusive mother. A mother that doesn't love. One that has spikes pertruding from her heart and piercing her skin. Piercing my skin. Weighing me down and not letting me escape from her embrace. I panic. I thrash my arms wildly to reach the surface, but this wasn't an ordinary body of water. The water was heavy. This water was hot. Boiling. I gasp for air, but I swallow hatred and loneliness. I could feel the liquid force its way to the back of my throat. The taste of heat and salt stampeded onto my tongue. I could no longer move. My legs felt numb and my arms weak from the struggle. I swallowed and it burned. I could feel myself sinking. Myself thinking, "Why would she do this?" Bubbles formed around me. Formed against me. Attacking my sight. I didn't know which way was up. My vision began to get blurry. The death fluid blackened. I drifted into unconscienceness. My breathing stopped. My body stiffened. Only God knew where the current would take me..

No comments:

Post a Comment