Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fairy Tales Aren't Real

After weeks of continuous wiggling
It finally came out!
And it didn't hurt one bit
When it fell from my mouth
My mom said put it under your pillow
Just for safe keeping
And in the peak of night
She will come. Gifts she'll be bringing
I dreamed of this magical fairy
Cause I knew she'd be coming
But when I awoke, I saw my tooth
She brought me nothing!
This made me doubt everything
As I ate my morning meal
Santa, The Easter Bunny
Are any of them real?
I told my mom what happened
I saw worry in her face
I asked why didn't she come
And she replied, "she's just running late."
I layed in my bed,
I repeated my actions that night
Hoping she won't pass me
I tucked my molar less tight
I awoke to a dollar
A dollar that was late
I added it to my piggy bank
And confirmed to myself..
"Everything is fake."
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment