Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Amber Part 2

The next day, I woke up feeling like I had to prove something. My head banged from the huge laceration on my skull. I shuffled my way to the bathroom and stared into the mirror.

"This is your day," I encouraged myself. I didn't quite know what I was going to do, I thought to myself as I brushed my teeth, but it had to be drastic. It had to be something demeaning, yet, bloody. Let me stop, because I know I'm starting to sound crazy right about now. I don't want to KILL anyone. I just want to kill those big EGOS that they carry around over their blown up heads.



I went into the kitchen and saw my father with his head down on the dining table. I sighed, and went over to see what was wrong.

"Dad?" I whispered as I slightly rested my hand on his, now, wrinkled back. He whimpered. "Dad, are you all right?" He sniffed, and I knew he was crying. He lifted his head and held up the picture of my mother.

"It would've been our 7th anniversary to today." He sniffed again, but I felt no remorse. I felt no sympathy. I never loved anyone in my life, but Amber: and she just ruined me. I told my dad it was going to be all right, and get back to bed. He obeyed.

I continued my mission to find food, still trying to conjure up a plan to destroy the 'cool kids'. Then I remembered. I could just call my partner in crime!
Oh, I didn't tell you? I actually do have ONE friend, and we've known each other since we were two. His name is Paco Sanchez, and no, he's not Mexican. I don't know why his parents named him that, but that's he. Every time I get into a bind, he's there to get me out of it. He's way taller than I, about 6"7, and pushing 300 pounds. I never really understood how he always got bullied. He's just a big teddy bear, but he's far from weak. One day, I was fixing things under my mom's car, and the jack broke, and the car fell right on top of me. I've never seen Paco move as fast as he did to get that vehicle off of me. I mean, he lifted the whole truck!

I decided to simply eat some toast. I put my clothes on and headed out the door. I had on a flannel shirt, with a red bow tie, some suspenders, and the bottom of my pants rested comfortably on my ankles.. A true dork.

I arrived at school and a feeling swept over my whole body. I couldn't explain it, but I knew someone was behind me. I turned, swiftly, to meet the fist of Roger. I feel to the floor, my huge backpack cushioning the fall.

"What's up, nerd?!" He said as his jock minions all laughed in unison. "How's ya head treating ya? Did ya have to get those pants dry cleaned?"

I could feel my face turning red. I positioned my glasses correctly on face and attempted to stand, but I was greeted by another fist. Or was it a foot? I'm not sure, but I know I ended up on the ground again.

"Hey everybody!" one of the minions shouted, "Tiwon's a PEABODY!"
I could hear laughter coming from every class; from every inch of that little corridor.

"PEABODY! PEABODY! PEABODY" They chanted like a ritual. I was still on the ground when I saw Paco. He ran from out of nowhere and hit Roger with a punch that I knew shook his bones. The chanting stopped. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. Could this be the end of all this? I saw Roger get up, and stagger. He wiped his lip, and blood coated his hand. He charged at Paco and tackled him. I saw Amber walk up, cheering on her boyfriend.

I crawled up against the wall and put my knees to my chest. I knew that the results of this fight could not be good, even if Paco did win.

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment